Saturday, April 11, 2009

May 15th, 2010...still to come...

So, there's a date that will change my life forever.

There is a date that will make everything else in my life different from here on out.

May 15th, 2010.

In just 399 days, 9,575 hours, and 574,560 minutes, my single life will be gone forever.

To be honest...

I'm stoked.

I am stoked to be loosing my single life.

Seriously, I was one of those guys who gave everything he could to the girl. I was the guy who would give his all to the relationship, to the heart of the lady he was with. I would do whatever it took to make her happy, regardless of what it was. I was that guy who was loyal like a puppy, and even wagged his tail like one. I took care of the girl, sang songs for her, wrote stories for her, lied for her, stole for her, almost killed for her, everything for that one girl that made me feel like I had everything I needed.

But it wasn't.

It was anything but.

You know how they say that "it's better to love and lost, then to ever love at all?" Yeah. You guessed it. If you've ever been single before, you know that scores higher on the Bull Shit O'Meter than Rush Limbaugh.

I used to go through a cycle. No, not a PMS cycle, but more of a romantic cycle. In a seri0us relationship, it was about 1-6 months in the relationship, and then 16 months single. I would've had a few dates or some floozy girls here and there, but that's about it. I'd meet most of them online, except for a few, and things would happen. Then they would fail faster than AIG.

I was looking for my "one." I was searching for that one person that God had in store for me. I was looking for that one woman where she and I would just "know." I thought I had that a bunch of times. Friends and family know that I said the words, "She's the one," so much that when you Googled it, and you clicked, "I'm feeling lucky," you got my picture. Time and time again I said it, and time and time again, I was heart broken, left wanting.

Things have been this way since I was 16. Now, I'm 23, and I'm on the verge of changing my life forever.

There was nothing wrong with the cycle I was on. I didn't have any plans to change said cycle, or to go away from what I was doing. It worked for me. It fit my waistline, which was hard to do. There were a few girls that I truely gave everything to, and I'll never forget them: Sheena (who I still won't talk to), Robin (who left me for drugs, and is currently the villain in my new screenplay), and then Chelsie (who came close to being the one, and then tried to change me).

I learned my lesson from each of the girls, and I moved on with my life.

After Chelsie, the latest woman who I gave everything to, dumped me on my birthday on a 8 hour drive home, I had lost the will to love again. I started drinking alcohol. A LOT. I mean, really. I became an alcoholic to express the pain of an ungodly heartache. Just the night before, I had come to realize the tie between God and Love, (They're the same. For more details see the blog "Love:Everything") and then the next day, I get my heart ripped out. But, such is life.

Everything has a meaning. And I mean EVERYTHING. There are some instances, where you can say, "Oh that's just good timing," and then there are others where you can say, "Oh he's just crazy." Regardless of which saying you prefer, if you think about anything within the past of your life, and you apply the formula of: x=y, then it says if a specific event (x) didn't happen, then the result (y) wouldn't have happened. If you have a different x, then you'll get a different y. With the variables in tact, then EVERYTHING HAS A MEANING.

Chelsie breaking up with me on my birthday, however wrong, did happen for a reason. Had it not been for Chelsie dumping me, then I would've NEVER been ready for what, or should I say who, has changed my life.

And her name was Bobbie.

She and I met online, and then met again officially at a local resturaunt. It wasn't necessarily the most romantic choice, LOGAN'S, but it worked. With the peanut shells on the floor, and the butterflies in my heart, she walked through the door. Right at that moment, everything changed. Right at that moment, with the goofiest smile upon my face (and believe me, I've had plenty), my world turned on its end and every single cell in my body, I knew that no matter what, my life would never be the same.

Countless number of confirmations, dances, and PLENTY of uh...amazingness...later, it was our date night.

We had the night like this before, where we and I went to play games, shopped, and then went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was there that I fell in love with her all over again, and we had a fantastic night together.

On this particuliar date night, things were different, mainly the funds. Last time, she paid, and this time it was my turn to pay. Needless to say, since I'm a blogger, it's safe to say, "I'm broke," so yeah...there we are. We had chosen to go to a movie (Fast & Furious) and then to the Cheesecake Factory.

The night was beautiful. The movie was great, and the dinner was eloquent. It spoke loud with beauty and it screamed the music of love. Everything about that night was perfect. There was no wait at dinner, there were great people in the audience, (except for the 13 year olds who found it funny when Vin Diesel got mad/emotional), and dinner was fantastic.

After the night was over, and we were walking back to the car, I grabbed her hand. As we approached the car, I told her to close her eyes. I then opened the car, and turned on the song, "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. As we danced in the moonlight, in the parking lot, our hearts were beating faster. They pounded in a sycrnation that only the love between us could be the metronome.

I asked her to close her eyes again. I went to my trunk, and I gave her three roses: One for the past, one for the present, and one for the future. I then got down on one knee and said the following: "There are only a few things that a man can say on one knee." She opened her eyes, and saw me on one knee with the ring in my hand.

At that EXACT same time, a white van drove by and saw what was happening.

With our hearts pounding harder and harder as the moments pass, I ask her that fateful question that always sounds cheesy when you say it aloud.

"Bobbie Jean, will you marry me?"

She nods her head furiously as she says those three little letters within one word that all men love to hear, "Yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...yes...yes!!!"

At that EXACT same moment, the same white van drove by again, this time with it's windows down.

"WOOOHOOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!" They screamed out of the van.

That moment, the one held in time forever, is the one moment that started the next chapter in my life. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter what, she and I will be together as long as the Earth turns. This marks the end of my single life, and it's a welcome end at that.

May 15th, 2010.

399 days, 9,575 hours, and 574,560 minutes, my single life will be gone forever.

I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Simple, It is.

Everything is complicated, if we let it be. Entertainment should not be complicated. Read the blogs and be entertained. Whether you get pissed off, you laugh so hard you crap your dentures, or you cry so much your mascara runs a marathon, be entertained.

While you're at it, click on the ads. They're fun.

On this page, you'll only find three entries, on the right column you'll find the other entries. Feel free to explore, and click on those ads, too. They're all kinda relevant and fun.